Monday, April 15, 2013

God's Pasta (Spaghetti Dinner)

.

If you came to church last Sunday you know that I am especially happy. Why? Because of God’s love. Also last week’s spaghetti dinner was a wonderful success. How did this idea come from? It was your very own Gook Preacher who created it.

Two months ago at the potluck social many of my parishioners were outraged to see that I had brought Kong Gooksu, a Korean noodle dish made with soybean, sesame seeds & somen. I was pelted with noodle, soybean, and race-filled epithets. I laugh and say: “noodle is just Korean for spaghetti.”


Potluck impossible
So to make up for my ethnic fumble I decided to hold a Spaghetti Social at the church last Friday night. All the teenagers and children from the church were invited to gobble spaghetti and sing hymns on my recorder and play Christian Twister. It is just like regular Twister except no touching.

In a strange “twist,” none of the teenagers of the community showed up, except for one fellow who was stupefied on chicken-beer and kept asking if he was at Funderland. (I loaded him immediately into the ambulance & left a stern voice mail on his step-mom’s work cell.)

Everything else about the evening was marvelous, and watching people enjoy the spaghetti I understood God’s presence and the necessity of wet-naps.

Officer Bulkbeaf say: "Second-helpings, please!"




















Paula Pignolti love to help + it count toward her Community Service



















A delicious time was had by all!

















These two fellows were always up to hijinks!
























Jackie Mello looks stylish even though she had her period





















These people! (I never got their name)




















Historic meeting
















Yumm! And delicious!




















As you can see everybody had a wonderful evening and fantastic spaghetti. When it was over little 5 year-old Amanda Poplar come over to me and say, "Gook Preacher you make the bestest spaghetti."

I laugh and tell her, "No, God make the spaghetti. I just make it taste good." Let us pray...




No comments:

Post a Comment