Friday, September 14, 2012

Rapping with Anthony (Text Message)




The neighborhood youth think of me more as a friend than a pastor, and frequently I text-chat with them to help them stay on the road to spiritual enlightenment. This is a conversation I had with my buddy Anthony Cistaro...

What's up, Anthony! 


who is this?

It's Father Choi (Gook Preacher :) 



how did you get my #?

From your Sunday School sign-up sheet!


what do you want? 

I just want to know are you doing okay? Are you feeling God's love and accepting Jesus as your Savior?


yup

How is your Mother?


good

And your Dad?


good

How is [your sister] Lydia?


good

A few of the neighborhood teens invite me over to their house for dinner. They say, "Gook Preacher I bet you would enjoy a home-cook meal with me and my whole family." They say I am almost a member of the family!


tubular

Does your Mother make home-cook meal for you?


yup

Do you have any dinner guests schedule for next week?


nope

Ah, okay. Well, that is good, I just wanted to make sure. Would you like me to call you so we can read a Bible passage together?


I have to go now to buy marijuana

Okay, maybe when you get back...


I'm going to sleep after that

Maybe we can talk tomorrow?


bye

No comments:

Post a Comment